Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sunshine and Spring

I am sitting in Florida at the moment and it is absolutely beautiful. It has been in the high seventies/low eighties all week making it the perfect temperature to lay by the pool and get a suntan. I have been soaking up all the vitamin D that I can before I have to go home. Yesterday, I went to Seaworld to pet stingrays and see the sharks. It was a bittersweet experience. I will always find Seaworld as a fun place to visit, but as of late their parks have become less focused on education/conservation and more on spectacle. The dolphin show was the most dissapointing...the dolphins were about 5% percent of the show where as the other 95% was trainers and dancers in hideous wetsuit costumes doing acrobatic tricks. I am writing a letter to Seaworld expressing my dissapointment over their programming. I hope all of you are experiencing a little bit of the springtime warmth, and watch out for Leperchauns tomorrow!
Love always, Emmeline

No comments:

Post a Comment