Sunday, October 16, 2011

"It's The Dawning of The Age of Aquarius"

Brittany, my sister, and I at HAIR!
     Friday night, I went to see the Homemade Theatre Company's production of Hair! It was excellent and the best part about it was that Skidmore students and alumni were involved. Emma Ayres, a first year student, was in the tribe and had many solos. I was impressed not only by her voice, but by how committed she was to her character. Skidmore alum, Chris Thomas, played the role of Claude while another Skidmore alum, Jaime Martinez-Rivera, assisted with the productions lighting design. Skidmore professors were involved as well! It was a fun show and had the audience engaged the entire time. It was great to see a piece of political theatre as well. Art is such a beautiful medium to use in order the make a statement. Current there is an art exhibit, Windows and Mirrors: Reflections on the War in Afghanistan, at our Wilson Chapel so I am very eager to check that out sometime this week.
     My sister was here for Celebration Weekend which was great! California to Albany was a long flight so I am really appreciative that she took the time to sit through that. Unfortunately, my upcoming week is crazy! This week is filled with preparation for my upcoming mid-terms and exams...all three a week from tomorrow...yikes! Well, I am off to the library to begin my week of studying. Wish me luck!!!
Love always, Emmeline

No comments:

Post a Comment