Friday, February 4, 2011

Sunrise, Sunset

I have been awake constantly. I am lacking sleep and patience and this morning I was awake at 6:45am, but something made me feel a bit better. See, my window shades were pulled up and as I woke up I got to see the sun wake up too. The sunrise was beautiful, and it has been a very long time since I have seen one. I forgot how magical that moment can be. Yes, I am tired and cranky and have way too much going on right now, but it was a nice reminder to pause, take a breath, and soak up the little moments of a day. Speaking of soaking up moments, I soaked up the moment yesterday when I was told how despite the scare Grandma Pat was awake and eating pot roast! That women truly is a fighter. I have heard stories of Great Gram Bars and the strength of her personality, and I see it all the time in Grandma Pat as well. I hope that my genes luck out enough to even get half the strength of them. I hope all is going well wherever you may be, and please take a moment to stop and smell the roses today.
Love always, Emmeline

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Emma, rumour has it you made the Dean's list! 72 and sunshine here in San Diego - love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Uncle Mike! Wow, I am soooooo jealous of the weather :-) Give Aunt Theresa and Lucky my love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete