Saturday, November 19, 2011

Bleh, Thank Goodness for First Floor Johnson!

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but it makes me happy. This is me at age seven!

I have loads of exciting things to share with you all about the recent performances I have seen here at Skidmore, but at the moment I am very sick with a "flu like virus." Yes, I did get my flu shot so I'm not sure why this is happening, but it is. That being said you will have to wait a few days for my video post about all of those exciting things, and instead you can now read on about the top ten reasons I absolutely love Skidmore Health Services :)

1. They are conveniently located right next to the dining hall and their hours are Sunday-Friday 8am to 5pm. Brilliant!
2. When you come in they are super friendly and welcoming whether you appear to be just fine or hit by the black plague...they are there to help everyone.
3. They know college students...they know that even when they tell us that we need to rest we probably won't...so, they have this room with beds that they force you into so that you have to rest. It's like having your mom on campus!
4. They have an unlimited supply of Mucinex...I swear that I will never have to buy another bottle again because they give me a bunch whenever I am in.
5. When they give you a shot they are very quick and do it with impressive skill.
6. When I passed out in movement class and was taken to them by campus safety they gave me juice...they don't get all complicated on you. They can because they are very well trained, but they are also really good at seeing the obvious...they do heal hundreds of college students everyday!
7. They give out free stuff. I got some very nice sample size shampoo the other day, and right now they've hidden virus shaped stuffed animals throughout the academic buildings and if you find one you get a prize!
8. Their magazine selection is great...we all know how important that is.
9. The have a bunch of different prescriptions right on hand so most of the time you don't even have to go to a real pharmacy when they diagnose you with an illness.
10. They have literally seen it all so they never judge. Whether you are spastically freaking out that you're nineteen and having a heart attack because your left arm has a radiating pain, or you just have the good old fashion flu, they are always around to help with a smile on their faces.

Love always, Emmeline

No comments:

Post a Comment