Thursday, October 7, 2010

Throat Fading Thursdays

Me when I am feeling less under the weather!
Despite the fact that I am sick with a cold, the day was not a total waste. At Skidmore we have a very well-known museum called the Tang Teaching Museum, and for my seminar class we went to one of the exhibitions this morning! It is called "The Jewel Thief," and the goal of the exhibit is to play with the idea of abstraction, and how the human mind percieves art and color. It's the genre of art that's right up my alley as it reminded me of all the modern art my family saw when we were in Paris a few years back. I am going to drag my mom to the exhibit with me when she comes to visit- 8 days!!!!! There was a Warhol painting that I really enjoyed, and a painting of blue, black, and grey jewels that was also very interesting. Other than that experience, my day has been fairly average. I took a nap and some DayQuil in hopes that I would feel a bit better, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be doing much :-( I've finished all my homework though, so hopefully I can go to bed early tonight. The sun peeked its head out for a bit today which made me very happy! Hope all is well with you all!
Love always, Emmeline

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peachy

    What a lovely picture you had me worried that you were critically ill and just trying to make me feel better by telling me you had a cold! I had to post a comment - you misspelled Thursday but I still love you! I would really like to go to the museum. Ben looks like someone we know but I can't put my finger on it. You also need to post "hot to comment" on your next blog. Lots of love. 8 days WAHOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I did misspell Thursday- woops. That picture is of me about a week ago, not of me now...but I still promise it's just a cold. The museum is INSANE, we will definitely go! Yeah- Ben reminds me of someone too, but I can't peg it haha. What does "hot to comment" mean? Love you! 7 DAYS OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete