Monday, October 11, 2010

Tourist Season

Okay, perhaps it's not Saratoga Springs tourist season, but it is Skidmore's. Recently, as the days have passed there have been hordes of eager "prospies" touring the school, trying Dhall's world famous muffins, and picking out which college student they hope to be like in a year from now (I really hope they choose me!). I can't help but be a little nostalgic for the days of college visits, constant talk of SAT and ACT scores, and when my mom would make me a grilled cheese because I was hungry...no one can top her grilled cheeses! That being said, I am very happy to be living the "independent life-style." While it's hard not to have the comfort of an actual home, my dorm room is slowly but surely feeling a little more comfortable. I think what I miss most from home (other than the obvious things like my mom and Izzy) is babysitting. As I walk around campus I occasionally see a little kid, but they never seem too interested in interacting with my friendly smile (maybe they think it's creepy?) or my casual "Hi! I really like your pink dress!" I need my Keegan, Conor, Bo, and Jill fix!!!! Mom comes in 4 days- finally a real hug versus one via skype! I hope all is well with you all, and believe it or not I am very excited for my upcoming visits with you guys too...Thanksgiving in California, and then Christmas in Colorado, hooray!
Love always, Emmeline

4 comments:

  1. I miss you! I am glad that you are settling in at Skidmore. The pictures you have been taking are amazing. I can't wait for sme more fall and soon winter ones. We lack the seasons here in sunny San Diego. Don't forget my grill cheese contributions, I can make a mean sandwich. I love you lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true- though I personally enjoy your turkey sandwiches!!! Also, Can you get me a bunny for thanksgiving? I was looking at pictures and I really want one! I love you and miss you lots and lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bunny? Not! Do any of your professors have kids? You could offer to babysit? I'm on the countdown - so excited to see you! And, of course I miss your sister as well! It's cold and rainy here - I'm not ready for winter. Who will shovel my sidewalk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes- I didn't think about that...who will shovel Susy and MaryAnne's sidewalk??? There are babysitting flyers for people who need a sitter, but they all live off campus so it's very difficult without a car. Next year though, and I am going to see if I can volunteer in the childcare center next semester- I could have this semester, but I had a class during the times they needed people. 2 more days!!!!!

    ReplyDelete